Regular dancing is great for losing weight, maintaining strong bones, improving posture and muscle strength, increasing balance and co-ordination and beating stress. One of the best things about dancing is that while you’re having fun moving to music and meeting new people, you’re getting all the health benefits of a good workout. More information.
Most of our classes have a strong creative element: Creative Dance style of dance and teaching is based on developing the individuals own dancing. This makes creative dance an accessible form of dance for almost anyone, including people with no prior dance training and people with intellectual/physical disabilities. However once dancers have learned some basic tools of generating movement, and have a developed a good level of coordination, balance, muscle memory, flexibility and strength the possibilities of creative dance improve exponentially.
Our Values & Beliefs
- Everyone can dance.
- Contemporary dance is accessible to all.
- Dance reflects, inform, shape and influence the evolving cultural identity of Wales and give people a sense of place.
- Questioning, challenging, experimenting, daring and caring at all levels are at the core of our work.
- Partnerships with strong mutual benefits are essential to greater achievements.
- Dance can interact, learn from, inspire and influence other artforms.
- Great things can be achieved within isolated and disadvantaged communities.
- Dance has proven benefits and can positively contribute to other agendas such as health and well-being, social inclusion, economy and regeneration.
- Our local work is inspired by being part of a network with international connections.
- We believe in being brave and bold, in taking considered risks.